Friday, March 5, 2010

Oscar Picks 2010


Jeff Bridges will win Best Actor, Kathryn Bigelow will win for Director (making it a historical gender win in that category), and one would imagine a film as flimsy as The Cove will win for Best Doc.

I've only seen two of the five foreigns (two were only released in the U.S. before today, and I won't be able to make it to Un prophète this weekend), but it does rather feel like it's Michael Haneke's time. So I'm going to pick The White Ribbon, and refer to my review Here.

I've seen seven of the ten nominated for Best Film. I'm rooting for A Serious Man, but I won't be let down with either Inglourious Basterds, where cinema is powerful enough to even stop WWII, or Avatar, the Jazz Singer of 3-D.

I will be hanging out at the Gene Siskel Film Center quite a bit over the weekend for Chicago's 13th Annual European Union Film Festival, so I don't even know how much of the Oscars I will see. (I'm sure I'll be able to track down the winners somewhere.)

I'll be blogging about the EU Film Fest here beginning next week.

My Reaction to the actual winners is found Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to respond to comments. If you keep it relatively clean and respectful, and use your name or any name outside of "Anonymous," I will be much more apt to respond. Spam or stupidity is mine to delete at will. Thanks.