Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Road. (2009) John Hillcoat

Edited: June 4, 2010.

I'm not pleased with the writing I did on The Road; it was too reactionary even for my reactionary little blog. Maybe one day I will see it again, and perhaps at that time I won't even hate it as much as I do now. I'll certainly let others try to make a decent case for it in the meantime, but until the day comes where I can be persuaded of its merits, I'll fondly remember The Road as the one that goes down best with Jonestown Kool-Aid -- a wrenching film which grovels in and brings on abject despair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to respond to comments. If you keep it relatively clean and respectful, and use your name or any name outside of "Anonymous," I will be much more apt to respond. Spam or stupidity is mine to delete at will. Thanks.