Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March Madness. (2011)


One of the highlights of the 2010 year for me was in March, catching some great films at the 13th Annual European Union Film Festival at the Gene Siskel Film Center in Chicago.

I attended eleven films there last year, including Finland's hard to find Forbidden Fruit, which landed at the #2 position on my Top Ten year-end list.

To say that I'm excited for March 2011 would be an understatement. The 14th Annual EUFF is under way and I've made plans for nine films this year. These are brand new productions from various countries like France, Sweden, Belgium, Finland, Estonia, Denmark and the like. One film in particular I've been looking forward to for some time, Finland's Letters to Father Jakob, still unreleased in the U.S., I'll be seeing on the big screen on March 19. I am stoked out of my gourd.

When I can't be at EUFF I'll be using March to write about recent foreigns I missed on their initial run, or films still seeking distribution: White Material, Enter the Void, Waste Land, A Screaming Man and The Colors of the Mountain are just a few I have in mind.

With films like these the odds have spiked through the roof that we'll see green by the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to respond to comments. If you keep it relatively clean and respectful, and use your name or any name outside of "Anonymous," I will be much more apt to respond. Spam or stupidity is mine to delete at will. Thanks.